Concrete slab contamination is a vexing issue for remodeling & renovation contractors, flooring contractors, facility owners, maintenance engineers and risk management officers.
Until now, the only reliable solution was to demolish the contaminated concrete and replace it with a new concrete slab. Obviously, the "Jackhammer Method" incurs tremendous costs in terms of labor, materials, work interruptions, and hazardous material removal and disposal.
The AC•Tech Oil Buster System™ Detergent (OBS-D) is a biodegradable cleaner that is sprayed onto mechanically prepared concrete with cold water. Mechanical preparation (via shotblasting) creates the porosity necessary for the cleaner to penetrate deep into the concrete substrate.
Once the OBS-D has turned clear (usually within an hour) the concrete is cleaned with a high-pressure, high temperature washer with a floor spinner attachment. This allows the OBS-D to bind with the hydrocarbons and other organic contaminants deep within the slab and "float" them to the top for removal. This cleaning process may need to be repeated several times, depending on the level of contamination.
Most floor spinners have vacuum attachments so that the waste-water can be vacuumed-up for disposal in accordance with federal, state and local hazardous material regulations.
- AC•Tech Oil Buster System™ | Contaminated Concrete Slabs Need Treatment
- Oil, Grease, Jet Fuel and Hydraulic Fluids Often Contaminate Concrete Slabs
- Warehouse Renovation with AC•Tech Oil Buster System™
- AC•Tech Oil Buster System™ (Cutback Killer) for Reclaiming Old Asbestos Flooring
- ACTech Oil Buster System™ Is Cost Effective For Small And Large Contaminated Slabs
- Warehouse Renovation Potential with AC•Tech Oil Buster System
- Several Applications of OBS-D May Be Required To Remove Contaminants Deep In Slab
- Warehouse Renovation Projects | ACTech Oil Buster System™
- ACTech Oil Buster System™ Rescues Contaminated Concrete Slabs -- Without A Jackhammer
- AC•Tech Oil Buster System™ - Detergent Binds With Organic Contaminants In Concrete
Features and Benefits
- Biodegradable & Solvent Free
- Detergent (OBS-D)
- Single Coat Epoxy (OBS-C)
- Withstands 6 Lbs. MVER;
- (ASTM F 1869)
- Low VOC Emissions
- Resists Alkalinity to pH of 14
- Non-Destructive Oil Removal Process
- Low Impact to Adjacent Areas
- Contains Remaining Contaminates
- 15 Year Material & Labor Warranty
Areas of Application
The Oil Buster System™ will accept most finished flooring systems such as:
- Resilient Flooring
- Resinous Systems
- Concrete Substrates