-- By popular request, we have finally created a new CEU course on how to use ASTM F3010 in a Performance Specification that will help the AEC Community maintain better control over concrete alkalinity (pH) and moisture issues in commercial flooring, traffic coatings, and low-slope roofing projects.
Schedule at your convenience by taking course online. Available 24/7 through AECDaily here. The course is FREE and qualifies for AIA, HSW, state credit, and many other association approvals. All testing and certification credits are handled quite ably online by AECDaily.
RISK Management TIP #1:
ASTM and ACI help develop and publish consensus standards for materials, products, systems and services used in the construction industry. Adherence to ASTM and ACI Standards is voluntary. However, building owners, contract litigators, and government regulators often give ASTM and ACI standards the force of law by citing them in contracts, regulations and building codes. Following ASTM and ACI Standards, whenever possible, is a prudent risk management tool.
RISK Management TIP #2:
Performance Specifications for commercial flooring, protective deck coatings, and roof assemblies should reference ASTM F3010-13 when moisture vapor or alkalinity in the concrete substrate is determined to exceed product tolerances. This helps everybody insure that the proper above-slab barrier products are selected, bid and installed and that the final project delivers long-term performance.
RISK Management TIP #3:
Check Your Product Data Sheets for alkalinity/pH tolerances. Concrete alkalinity ranges from pH 11.5 to 13.5. Most adhesives list pH 8 to 9 as their upper limit. Most epoxy-based protective coatings list an upper tolerance of pH 11 to 12. An independently tested ASTM F3010-13 compliant above-slab liquid-applied membrane-forming resin barrier should take moisture and alkalinity totally out of your risk equation.
Control project risks by checking for concrete alkalinity tolerances.
- AC•Tech AB-COR™ for long lasting, durable and high performance corrosion protection solutions
- AC•Tech AB-COR™ Is Proven To Protect Oil and Gas Rigs Under Harsh Marine Conditions
- AB-COR™ chemically mimics the sea mussel's ability to attach itself permanently under wet, dry and fully submerged conditions.
- No Primer Required. No Future Zinc Disposal Issues. High Impact Resistance. AC•Tech AB-COR™
- AC•Tech AB-COR™ Offers a Cost-Effective, Low Maintenance Solution For Dams and Dry Docks
- ACTech Epoxy Resins Give Good Coverage and Consistent Results